Additional Term

In exceptional cases, and only to meet specific degree requirements for the AB degree, students may petition the Administrative Board for permission to remain in the College for one term beyond the end of the second term of their senior year. Students undertaking the SB degree who require additional time in the College in order to meet the requirements of that degree must petition the Engineering Undergraduate Committee by the appropriate deadline. Tuition for an additional term is charged at a per course rate. Ordinarily, students in an additional term are not eligible for College housing or financial aid. Before petitioning the Administrative Board or the Engineering Undergraduate Committee for an additional term, students should consult with their Resident Dean about their proposed academic program, tuition and fees, and eligibility for College housing and financial aid. The Board or the Committee will weigh the academic record and performance in the community when considering these petitions. Under no circumstances will the Board grant a student permission for more than one additional term.